Foundation Offers Planned Giving Service
“Superb with a capital ‘S!’ Ron is knowledgeable, and he answered our questions. He made the estate planning process very easy and pleasant. I highly recommend this service.”
- Dr. Everett Mosley
“[My husband] Ed and I were completely comfortable with Ron as
he led us through the process and explained everything in clear, straightforward language. When we finished, he presented us with options that not only preserved and maximized our assets for our heirs, but also allowed us to leave substantial bequests to those institutions and causes we hold dear. Because Ron doesn’t sell a product, we never felt pressured."
- Helen Vaughn
Estate planning isn’t something most people look forward to, but it’s one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your lifetime. The choices you make will affect your children and grandchildren for years to come. The proper estate plan can give you peace of mind knowing your estate is in order, and confidence that your needs, as well as your wishes for your heirs and preferred charities, are met.
The Foundation has engaged Thompson & Associates (Brentwood, Tennessee) to partner with us in providing this special service for our friends. Consultant Ron Smith meets monthly with donors to help them find the estate plan that works for them. The meetings are confidential and since the Foundation is holding Ron on retainer, his only task is to help you plan your estate according to your desires. He and his team of experts can help you articulate your goals and objectives for your estate and will show you techniques that will allow you to control when and how much of your estate will pass to your heirs. These techniques will help you to avoid or eliminate possible estate and income taxes, as well as help you to achieve your charitable goals.
When considering the Foundation’s estate planning opportunity, please remember this:
- Thompson & Associates does not sell their services or any products.
- The Foundation pays the consultant a flat fee; therefore there is no commission involved.
- Ron Smith does not wish to take the place of the advisor, and he does not wish to solicit clients.
- Ron will not draft legal documents; your professional advisor will handle those services. Ron will serve as an advisor only and will provide various planning scenarios, utilizing his team of experts, as a service to you and your advisor.
- This service is provided to you completely free of charge, though one would normally pay several thousand dollars for estate planning services.
- The planning process, and all information shared with Thompson & Associates, is completely confidential. In fact, the Foundation staff will know nothing about your discussions or plans unless you tell us.
- You have no obligation to Thompson & Associates or to Huntsville Hospital Foundation, meaning that you are under no obligation to leave a gift to Huntsville Hospital Foundation.
To schedule an introductory appointment with our consultant, please contact Candy Burnett, president, Huntsville Hospital Foundation (256) 265-8077.
What Legacy Will You Leave?
Planned gifts refer to a group of gifts that may require advance planning to execute the gift. Your gift to Huntsville Hospital Foundation helps support the needs of Huntsville Hospital and those it serves. As you evaluate your interests, you may choose to direct your gift to an area of your interest. Additionally, many naming opportunities exist to honor or memorialize a loved one or yourself. We would love to help you leave the legacy you desire.
Types of Planned Gifts:
Gifts given through a will are the simplest way to make a planned gift. Anyone with assets can make a bequest. This presents an opportunity to give cash, securities, and/or property.
Gifts of Property
- Qualified gifts of both personal and real property may be donated. A new or existing life insurance policy is one example.
Charitable Lead Trusts
This type of trust offers a way for you to support hospital programs and transfer assets to your heirs. The income stream from the trust helps meet hospital needs and, after a period of time, your heirs receive the assets.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
A charitable remainder trust specifies to whom the income from the trust is paid. The beneficiary receives income for life or for a specified number of years. At the end of the trust term, the remaining assets of the trust pass to the Foundation. Your wishes for the remaining assets are then carried out by the Foundation.
Charitable Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is an annuity contract. You transfer assets to us; in return, we agree to make regular fixed payments to you for the rest of your life. The transaction is both the purchase of an annuity and a charitable contribution.
The method by which you contribute can determine the tax benefits. Since each situation is unique, we urge you to consult with your legal and financial advisors for the most comprehensive and up to date information. We would be happy to meet with you and your financial consultants to help you fulfill your wishes and arrange the legacy you desire.