About the Fund
Philip and Betty Bentley with
Dr. Frank Crim
The Dr. Frank Crim Compassion Fund for Children with Cancer was established by Betty and Philip Bentley in honor of their dear friend. The purpose of the fund is to provide for the special needs of local children with cancer and blood disorders. These patients are treated at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children’s Pediatric Oncology department. Your donation to the Crim Compassion Fund will help us to provide items, like the following, for our young patients:
- Travel assistance (gas) for local clinic visits
- College scholarships
- Prescription medication assistance
- Gift certificates to movie theaters, water parks, ice cream parlors and restaurants so that our patients can forget about their illnesses for awhile, or so that they can celebrate milestones in their treatments
- iTunes cards so that our patients can listen to their iPods during treatment
- “Wall of Heroes” portraits, taken by local photographer Jennifer Tarkington, celebrate patients who have completed their treatments at the clinic, highlighting their dreams for the future, and serving as an inspiration to patients currently being treated at the clinic
- You can even make a donation that will help provide a “No Mo Chemo” party for a patient who completes their treatment!
Gifts to the Dr. Frank Crim Compassion Fund for Children with Cancer:
Gifts to the Dr. Frank Crim Compassion Fund for Children with Cancer may be made to Huntsville Hospital Foundation, and may be made in honor or in memory of someone who is special to you. The family will be notified of your kindness.
Please mail contributions and donor information to:
Huntsville Hospital Foundation
101 Sivley Road
Huntsville, AL 35801
For more information about the Dr. Frank Crim Compassion Fund for Children with Cancer Fund, please contact Huntsville Hospital Foundation, (256) 265-8077.